Wednesday, October 21, 2009

H1N1

Ohh the H1N1 Virus. Life would be so much calmer if you were not around. I am amazed at the mass hysteria that this bug has caused. I don't think the media has helped one bit. Yes it is there job to inform us but they only like to inform us on those very rare and scary cases!! I have been concerned about being exposed to the virus, being pregnant puts me in high risk. I worry about my children and I worry about Scott. He is exposed more than any of us. Audey, Brenner's mom sent me an email yesterday afternoon. The Health Department was holding a two day vaccination clinic for those who are high risk ( pregnant, health care workers and childcare givers who care for children 6 months or younger). Scott was post call yesterday so we decided to go down together. He is not so worried about himself, but I am. I forwarded the email to all my pregnant friends so they could make their own decisions. My friend Erin went down about an hour before me. She said it was packed and that they were turning a lot of people away (people who did not meet the requirements). Scott and I made it down around six and we were out before 6:30. I must say the Health department was very organized and did a great job getting people in and out. I am so thankful that we had the opportunity to be vaccinated. I know it is a controversial subject but Scott and I made this decision for our family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm lad you guys were able to get it. We would make the same choice if we were in your shoes. I wish I could have our kids vaccinated, but the vaccine is not available yet up here.