Friday, October 16, 2009

Baby Appointment

Another baby appointment today. Scott was able to go with me since he is still on vacation. Scott's parents stayed home to watch the kids. I had another ultrasound. Last time the ultrasound tech had a hard time getting pictures of the blood flow from the heart. Baby was being very stubborn that day. As you know I participated in an ultrasound conference for the residents so I was able to see what we are having. Anyway back to the appointment. The ultrasound was first. This was Scott's first time seeing the baby since it was a peanut with arm and leg buds so it was really exciting for him. We did confirm the gender. No surprises for us. It is a girl. We did decide on a name and baby Bob is now baby Carolyn. Carolyn was Scott's grandma's name. We do like family names and this just felt right. The tech was able to get all the measurements and she looks good. Now it was time to see the doctor. I must say that I really do like my new doctor. I know I changed OB's with great reluctance but now I wish I switched sooner. She is so nice and personable plus a great doctor to boot. Dr. Roncone was happy to see that I gained weight this month. I on the other hand have mixed feelings. I never really gained weight with either Grisham or Genevieve so I kinda feel a little out of control with the weight gain. I know it really wasn't much but it is weird and may take some time to get used to. Dr. Roncone went over the scan results with us. She says the baby is doing great but she did bring up a possible concern. On my last ultrasound a big spot showed up on the placenta. The Dr. and the tech both figured it to be a large venous pool ( a large blood vessel), No worries. Well like I said I did that ultrasound conference a few weeks ago. Well one of the residents showed the high risk OB my scan. He thinks it may be more than a pool. I can't remember the technical term but it was fibrous material. This may cause the placenta to be less effective which may cause the baby to not grow normally. Now we are kinda at a cross road here. We can go see the high risk Dr. to get a more concrete diagnosis or do another scan at my next appointment and keep close tabs on the babies growth. Either way growth scans are recommended by both my Dr and the high risk Dr. So Scott and I decided to wait until after next months scan to decided whether we need to start seeing the high risk OB. Dr. Roncone is pleased with Carolyn's growth but just to be safe we are going to be doing many growth scans just to be sure. Then later in the future if any trouble does pop up we will do what we need to do for the baby. Overall I am not too worried but still anxious for the next scan. Lots of prayer that all turns out well. More than likely everything will be fine. God is in control and trust in His will. Whatever it may be.

4 comments:

Three Peas said...

We'll keep you and the baby in our prayers. I'm sure it's fine.

Mary said...

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Talk to you soon.

Sara said...

I'll pray that the next scan shows improvement. Those darn placentas!

Anonymous said...

thinking of you guys and I'm sure everything will be fine. I'm glad you're able to stay on top of things. =)