Monday, September 28, 2009

Eva Genelle Clearfield

Sunday afternoon was Eva's memorial service. For those of you who do not know who Eva is, I urge you to go to Jessica and Dan's website www.caringbridge.org/visit/clearfield to find out more about this amazing little girl. I truly believe that her short life will continue to touch others through her mother, father, sister and loved ones. The service was beautiful. I loved how the focus was on how Eva was such a fighter from the get go and how she made us all better people because of her existence. Her father Dan will be a better physician, husband and father. Her mother Jessica will be a better mother and advocate for children who are given the diagnosis of "not compatible with life". Hannah her sister will never judge a book by it's cover. She saw Eva and her beauty despite her cleft palate. She loved and accepted her no matter what because she was her sister. For all of us who know the Clearfield's personally or those who know of the Clearfield's, we are touched deeply by this families devotion to each other and making all the moments count. Only God knows the real meaning on why Eva was sent to us and why she was taken away so soon, but in that short time I have learned to love my children more and be so very thankful for all of our moments together as a family. I am so very blessed to have been able to hold that beautiful little girl. I can praise God for she has now exchanged that broken earthly body for a capable beautiful heavenly body. She is now running, dancing, laughing and smiling. My heart aches at the thought of losing a child. The Clearfield's strength is admirable and I wish only love and the best for them in this dark time.

1 comment:

Carol (MOM) said...

You said it all for all of us.