Sunday, September 6, 2009

31st Birthday

Yesterday was Scott's 31st birthday. He was on call Friday so post call yesterday. He was able to come home around 11 and take a nap. I was planning on taking him to a really nice dinner that night but I wasn't sure if we would make it. He was very tired from tons of trauma the night before. He surprised me by getting up early afternoon to watch the UNI vs Iowa game. I was so hoping that UNI would win and give Scott a great birthday present. Well, they lost but gave Iowa quite a scare. UNI led most of the game and only lost by 1 point. The day was looking up. Our two babysitters needed to be picked up around five so we could make our 6:30 reservation at the Refectory. As soon as J.J and Jessica arrived we gave them quick instruction and headed out. Grisham was practically pushing us out the door and Genevieve cried a little but not for long. I was so excited to get out with Scott. I was a little nervous about the food. I am not one to try strange new food and this was a very fancy french restaurant. We arrived a little early but they had our table ready. If you haven't been to this restaurant, I recommend it. The food was amazing and service was outstanding. Of course it is a bit pricey but well worth it. Scott and I both got the fillet Mignon. He got a shrimp and grapefruit appetizer and I got a red pepper bisque. To my surprise I loved the soup. I wanted to can it up and take it home. Yummy!! Of course the streaks were fabulous. They melted in your mouth. By the time we had finished with our dinner Scot was exhausted and very full. So we decided to skip desert and just get the bill. The check seemed to be taking extra long when our server surprised us with a little birthday cake for Scott and a crem brulee for me. It was so nice of them. Scott's chocolate cake was awesome and I am not a huge fan of the brulee, so I just had a few bites before raising the white flag. It was a very nice evening and I am so happy we had the chance to go out together. We were home by 8:30. Grisham wasn't in bed yet so Scott took over bedtime duty while I drove Jess and J.J. home. It was a good birthday for Scott. Long and tiring but good. Thank you all for your wonderful birthday wishes. They were greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Happy Birthday Scott!