Monday, September 21, 2009

Darby Dan Dinner







Saturday evening Scott and I went to the Darby Dan Dinner. This is a yearly event put on by the hospital. Their way of thanking the doctor's. It is held at the Darby Dan Farm, hence the name of the dinner. Anyway it is a private party with valet parking and usually amazing food plus open bar. Our friends Brennen and Nita Smith picked us up as they were dropping off their daughter J.J to babysit. Nick, their oldest was going to drop us all off and take the truck to hang out with some friends. He just got his licence. Anyway, we arrived at the dinner and headed for the bar so Scott could get a drink and since I am pregnant the only option was water. Then we headed back outside to participate in the games. There was corn holing and putting. I played Scott in the corn holing and beat him and won a $25 gift card to Cameron Mitchel restaurant. Then we headed over to putt. This time I played Scott and our friend Allan. Guess who beat them. Me. I don't golf so I guess it was luck. I won two more $25 gift cards to Cameron Mitchel Restaurants. It was getting pretty cool after this game so we went inside to cruise the hoers devourers. After a long speech by someone I don't know dinner was served. I must say that the Darby Dinner is usually great but this year missed the mark. I was so unimpressed with the selection and ended up filling up on the dessert table. Last years was sooo much better in my opinion. After dinner we sat around and talked with friends. Shorty after 10 we decided it was time to go but Brennen and Nita were wanting to stay. Scott was on call the next morning and My kids get up pretty early so we got a ride with Michelle and Allan. When we got home we found both J.J and Grisham asleep on the couch. Too cute. I tucked Grisham in bed and told J.J. to go back to sleep. Her mom and dad would be back soon. It was a great night out and sad to say that next year will be our last dinner. It better be freaking awesome!!!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Laura, you look gorgeous! Love the hair and dress! I'm so glad you were able to get out.

Carol (MOM) said...

Congrats on your putting, uh..which end do you use:) You and Scott make a stunning couple. Your beautiful honey. Great pic of Grisham and sitter (can't remember her name)sorry:(