Friday, September 18, 2009

Baby Appointment

I had my baby appointment today. The ultrasound was first and then the talk with Dr. Roncone. I was so nervous going into the scan. I think back to my pregnancy with Grisham and not even one negative thought entered my mind. I was so oblivious to all the bad things that can go wrong during a pregnancy. Then being pregnant with Genevieve I was a little more aware. This time I am almost panicking because I know too much about what could go wrong. I have witnessed it personally. Once I got into the ultrasound room and sat on the table. I could feel the tears building. I kept telling myself to stay calm. Then there on the monitor was a beautiful baby. The tech went about measuring and snapping photos. Most of the time I had no idea what she was looking at. But I could see the head, the heart, the arms and legs. I couldn't hold back the tears any more. Everything was looking good. I was so relieved. All these weeks of worrying and finally relief. The tech tried really hard to see what the gender was but the baby is in such a position it made it extremely difficult. She couldn't get all the pictures needed for the anatomy scan. The baby is face down, spine up. The spine was casting too much of a shadow over the heart so she could not get a picture of the blood flow. So she needs to rescan me at the next appointment. After the ultrasound I went to see Dr. Roncone. She was pleased that I have gained some weight and said that the baby did look good. No worries just need to rescan for that blood flow next time. Hopefully the little stinker will be in a better position and we can see who is getting a room mate.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Those darn modest babies! I always feel bad if I can't tell the gender. It's only happened a few times but it does happen. It's hard knowing too much. I went through the same thing with my kids. At least I had access to an ultrasound machine just to reassure myself whenever needed! I hope your next scan goes a little better. Drink some caffeine about an hour ahead of time and get that baby moving! :)