Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Zoo and Birthday Boy

















This last Sunday Scott and I enjoyed the day by taking the kids to the zoo. It was beautiful out and we had a great time. We saw the elephants. The keepers had them inside doing some sort of exercises. They were walking them and running them along the fences. The tiger was asleep right against the glass. Wow was that cool. You could really see the enormous size of this cat. I was happy he was asleep. The grizzly bears were awake and walking around. All Grisham could talk about was the otters. He wanted to see the otters. He loves watching them swim in the pond. When we finally arrived at the otter pond they were asleep in their den. Oh well maybe next time. The last hing we did was the petting zoo. He was so funny, he had to comb every goat that was outside but soon found a favorite goat and sat next to it and fed it grass and combed it the most. I had to say enough was enough. I think he might have curled up next to the guy and lived there:)
Tuesday was Grisham's third birthday. Since we had the big party a couple weeks ago when my parents were here it was a typical day. I was hoping to go to the zoo with some friends but it didn't work out with the schedule of the kids that I watch. So we stayed home and had birthday pizza and some chocolate ice cream. I am amazed he is three. Something else I am amazed. He woke up this morning and suddenly really interested in using the potty. He is wearing his training pants and sitting on the potty. So far nothing has gone into the potty but I am very hopeful. He has never been so eager to try. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: