Saturday, March 7, 2009

Spa Day








My friend Nita held a spa day at her house this afternoon. A friend of hers sells spa specialty items and did a show for her. We were pampered from head to toe for a few hours. We started off by smearing our feet with nice thick foot cream and then we put on some complementary socks. Then we put this thick chalky stuff on our lips to exfoliate them. Spa Lady (sorry cant remember her name) then gave us aromatherapy discs to put on our eyes, then she covered them with a warm, wet wash cloth. She had us put our heads back and relax our muscles and listen to the soft music playing. She described and incredible beach scene and I believe by the end JJ, Nita's daughter, was asleep. Yep, it was that relaxing. We all had a good laugh at that. Spa Lady than went through her different packages. We still had out facials and miracles hands to do. We also had the choice of a chemical peel or microdermabrasion. I chose to do the chemical peel. Hey when in Rome.. right? That was gooey...all I have to say about that. Nita also did the chemical peel. JJ was the one who did the microdermabrasion. I think once she saw the gooeyness of the chemical peel the other one looked much better. After the peel, we did our hands. The salt scrub was amazing, so amazing I bought it! Then I put on this awesome lotion that last us up to seven hand washings. I can wash my hands up to seven times without having to reapply the lotion. I really hope this helps my cracked hands. Only time will tell. I didn't get too many pictures for this, at least not as many as I would have liked. The other guest at the party was not too happy that I brought a camera. So I just had Nita take a few pictures of me getting my chemical peels and my salt scrub.

1 comment:

chris and diane said...

oh yes please. that looks NICE. i love spa days. isn't it great to pamper yourself? :)