Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Date With Grisham



Saturday afternoon Grisham and I went on a date. Daddy was home sleeping. He was on call the night before we dropped Genevieve off at my friend Keren's house. Then we went to see the movie Monsters vs Aliens. This was Grisham's first time going to a movie theater. He was very excited. He had no idea what we were doing but the fact that we got to go somewhere with just the two of us was pretty cool. At first he was a little confused. When we got to Keren's he thought we were there to play but when we left Genevieve there he got a little upset and cried for her. I reassured him that we were coming back for her. He said "OK, fine." Wiped his tears and was ready for our date. After getting our tickets I showed him the arcade area and then went and got some popcorn and a drink. Highway robbery!! $10.50 for a small popcorn and medium coke. I am glad I snuck in some lemonade for Grisham. Anyway as we were walking into the theater, Grisham got so excited. He kept saying "That's a big T.V!!" We found our seats and settled in. He did really well during the movie. He would sit in my lap and then his seat, then my lap and back and forth. Occasionally he would shout out if something was funny but overall it was an excellent experience for us both. I am so happy we got to have that time together.

1 comment:

Ashli said...

I LOVE dates with my boys! I was just thinking the other day that it was about time for another one. Glad you had a good time!