Sunday, March 15, 2009

Grisham's Third Birthday Party

















Saturday we had Grisham's third birthday party. His actual birthday is not until the 24th but since my mom, dad and sister Sarah are in town I decided to have the party now instead of later. I have been hemming and hawing over whether to have a big party for him. I know he won't remember it but I will so I decided to go for it. I was so surprised at how expensive it was to rent places to hold birthday parties and you don't get jack with the rental fees. My sister suggested McDonald's Playplace. Genius!!! No rental fees and we can bring in our own cake and decorations. They were great. I just called few hrs ahead of the party to tell them that I was bringing in a party with about 12 kids, no problem. The only problem we had was the birthday boy. Grisham woke up a crab Saturday morning. Way too early. I had an early morning meeting for the triathlon that I am doing (more details later) so I left him with mama and papa hoping he would be in a better mood by the time I got home. Nope, worse. I still had lots to do for the party and get to McDonald's to decorate and get food ordered for our friends. I am so thankful that I had extra hands to help that day. Scott was able to keep Grisham out of the cake. As soon as he saw that cake he had a hard time keeping his hands off. Even the play place lost it's luster next to the cake. He just wanted to sit and stare at it. Sarah did a great job getting our little area decorated and meals labeled. By the time our friends arrived we were ready to party. Grisham finally mellowed out when his friends arrived but he really did want to open his presents. He really like it when we sang Happy Birthday to him. The party really did go well, and the kids did seem to have fun. It was a success. Thank you friends for helping us celebrate our Grisham.

1 comment:

Mary said...

We had a great time!