Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Potty Time!!







About two weeks ago I found a book on line about potty training. I have been feeling a little concerned about Grisham and his lack of potty training. I know that he just turned three and it is not uncommon to have an untrained three year old boy. But dog gone it I am tired of changing his stinky diapers!! So I purchased the book. The author laid out a simple plan. The hardest part would be my consistency. She suggested that you throw all diapers and pull ups away so you have no crutches to fall back on. I of course did not throw them, what a waste! But I did store them all. So far her plan is working for us. Yesterday, our first day, was a bunch of accidents but finally in the evening he did it. He went in the potty! Last night wasn't too bad. I got up around 2 and checked him. He was wet but I was able to change him head to toe without waking him. This part kinda worried me. If he is so dead asleep how is he going to know if he needs to pee? The sleeping part is what I am a little concerned about. I may have to use the pull ups at night. I will give this author her three days and see how the nights go. The days are great. Grisham has really learned to listen to his body and come to me when he needs to pee. So far we haven't had to deal with the poop. That should be coming here soon. I will keep all who care up to date with. I guess if you didn't care you wouldn't be reading my blog. Oh, and here a few cute pics of Genevieve waving and eating her mac and cheese. Until later....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it's working for you. =) I still have to put Seth in a pull-up or diaper for sleeping. If he even just falls asleep at naptime for a couple hours he wakes up wet.

Ashli said...

Nathan still wears a pull-up at night too and he's 5. Supposedly night training comes a lot later than day training. He's such a heavy sleeper that I would be changing sheets on a daily basis! Great to hear that it's coming along, good luck!