Monday, April 27, 2009

Animals and Sam's Birthday Party






















For Genevieve's birthday my mom and dad got her this blow up penguin. It has balls in it and when you push on it the penguin will fall down and bounce right back up and it sings too. We couldn't fit it in our luggage so mom mailed it to use. It arrived in the mail and Grisham thinks for some reason that it is his new wrestling partner. Genevieve isn't too fond of that idea. She does like to play with it if big brother isn't around.
We had a wonderful weekend. The weather was amazing so as soon as Brenner went home Friday afternoon we went to the zoo. As expected it was packed. We went straight to the aquarium. Grisham's favorite. I really like it in the summer because it is air conditioned and they have nice benches to sit on. Quite a relief. After the aquarium we went over to the manatees. I could watch them forever. I would love to see one up close and not through glass. We headed over to the play area but didn't stay long. Grisham insisted on trying to go up this huge slide. He was blocking the way for others who were trying to go down the slide. So we left to see the Gorillas. There was a huge crowd at the outdoor exhibit. Turns out Mac the silver back was out and showing off. He was running up to the glass and pounding his chest. He even started throwing a large stick at the window. He seemed really mad to me but the zoo keeper said he was just showing off. Hey, what do I know anyway.
Saturday was full of yard work. I love yard work, especially when it is gorgeous outside. I mowed the lawn and then we all went to home depot to get some dirt and grass seed. I wanted to fill in the holes that were left from putting in the patio a year ago. I am also thinking that about creating a rock garden at the rear of our yard. There is this shady spot that only grows weeds so to dress it up I think that I may place rocks and a birdbath too.
Sunday afternoon we went to little Sam Fink's Birthday party. It is always fun to get the kids together. especially at an awesome park like Homestead. We had yummy veggies and pizza. Then we sang happy birthday to Sam. After we had some cake we needed to get going. Both kids were exhausted. Early to bed.

No comments: