Sunday, April 12, 2009

OOPPPSS!!

We went to the zoo on Saturday to see the baby elephant (pictures to be posted soon). While we were waiting for the mama and baby to come out. Sophia decides to throw a huge fit. So to contain her I have to put her in the stroller. Genevieve was starting to fuss so I decided to hold her and give Sophia her seat for a little while. I set my camera down on the window ledge and reached for Genevieve. Well apparently Sophia was not happy with this new arrangement and pushed the camera off the ledge sending it crashing to the ground. I didn't think too much off it. It didn't look damaged and it would still take pictures. I got some good pictures taken and headed out to see more animals. When we got to the tigers I realized the lens was stuck in one spot. I took the lens off and found a plastic piece of something rolling around. Now it won't take pictures. When we got home I called a camera shop to see what needs to be done. Hoping maybe possibly I could get it taken care of before Scott got home. Bad news. The lens will have to be sent to Nikon or for roughly the same price, buy a new lens. Grrr! I had to confess to Scott what happened and decide what we need to do. He is going to take the camera in on Monday and possibly buy a new lens. It would take too long to have it repaired. OOPPPS!!

No comments: