Monday, February 23, 2009

Taylor

February is a short month and it is full of celebrations of birthdays, Valentines day and anniversaries. But for me February reminds me of the loss of my second baby. Two years ago today I miscarried. I know not many people talk about their miscarriages let alone blog about it, but for me it is all apart of the healing process. Yes, I am still healing from my loss. When I found out I was pregnant with this baby I was overjoyed, a little nervous but overjoyed. Grisham was just going to be a year old so these two would be very close in age but I was fine with that. I was already forming a close bond with the baby when she passed. I still don't know why God blessed me with this baby and then shortly took him away. I went on all sorts of web sites and blogs and message boards to help with the grieving and I noticed that a lot of the women named the lost babies, no matter how far along in the pregnancy. I thought that was wonderful. For me it really meant recognizing that this baby existed and that I loved him/her very much. So I named the baby Taylor. Since the baby was too young to know if it was a boy or a girl Taylor could fit either and I was planning on using it anyway. Taylor was Scott's grandmother maiden name. I like family names. Anyway, as this day passes it brings tears and sadness but I am also very happy and thankful. God has blessed me with a beautiful daughter and the experience of losing a baby has bonded Scott and I together unlike anything else. So until that day when we meet in heaven face to face. I love you Taylor. You were in my tummy for a short while but you have forever touched my life. There will always be a place for you in our family but God needed you more. I love you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your blog Laura. I kind of secretly named my miscarriage baby too. It does seem to help. And even though I lost him/her so early, I believe I have a baby waiting for me in heaven who I can someday wrap up in my arms. Coincidentally, I also had my miscarriage in February... one year ago this month. I am so thankful for the beautiful, healthy babies I do have here with me on earth.

Carol (MOM) said...

Sweetheart, what a beautiful tribute to your little deposit in heaven. I love the name you have chosen for your little one, fits boy or girl, and only the Lord knows when you will meet. But, meet you will when you walk the streets of gold. Daddy and I read this with tears in our eyes, we love you all...

the4bulls said...

Laura,

This was a beautiful posting to honor a beautiful baby. You are a wonderful mom, and Taylor is lucky to have you!

Three Peas said...

What a beautifully written blog today! I too named my miscarried child because they are little souls waiting for us in Heaven.