Sunday, January 11, 2009

Time With Friends
















Last night we finally had a chance to get out to our friends Brennen and Nita's house. I think the last time we were able to get out to to Plain City was when I was newly pregnant with Genevieve. They are from Iowa like us. In fact Brennen and Scott went to medical school together, they hung out in the back row together :). This was a visit a long time in coming. Brennen always firers up the grill and cooks up some steaks and chicken for us. Grisham busied himself with one of Nick's old remote control cars and electric drum set. Genevieve was content to sit on the couch and play with her toys or be held by Brennen or Nita. At one point in the evening way past her bedtime I thought I lost her pacy. We looked everywhere for it. She was so upset and tired and I didn't think she has ever gone to sleep without it. Well Nita REALLY REALLY wanted to try to settle her down, so I let her. She sang to her and rocked her and soon had her in a trance. Thank You Nita. I later found the pacy in my jacket pocket. We were able to sit back and enjoy another hour or so before we had to pack everything up and call it a night. We had a good night of conversation and the kids had good fun playing someplace other than other than our living room. We didn't get home until after 10:30. The kids are never up this late. I was hoping that since they went to bed late they would sleep a little late too... nope. Up at thier usual time, 6:00. Oh well, maybe they will go to bed early tonight.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I don't think Genevieve could be any cuter! I love the flower headband!

Carol (MOM) said...

What great pictures all around. I knew the headband would look cute with the flower on the side of Evie's head. Brennen and Nita look great, I guess we haven't seen them in years..Looks like Grisham had a good time as well. I agree with Mary, Genevieve looks just sooooooo CUTE.