Monday, November 3, 2008

Birthday Weekend



It is official. I am definitely closer to thirty now. One more year of my twenties and then on to the next decade of my life. This past decade has definitely topped them all. I mean I don't really remember my first decade, maybe bits and pieces of half. The second decade was full of ups and downs. The decade of my twenties I was able to live out my dream of becoming a firefighter, met and married the man of my dreams and so far have had two beautiful kids that light up my life. If life is like a great wine then bring it on, this next decade should be mind blowing. Any way, like I said my sister flew out here on Friday to surprise me. We went trick or treating that night and stayed up too late talking. Saturday morning I woke with the kids and made my birthday muffins (thanks Mary, they were awesome). We had a nice quite morning playing with the kids and then Sarah, the kids and I went out and did some shopping. Lately I have been getting the horrible migraines again. I have had two in the last week and maybe one that has been border line. I used to be used to them so it was something I put up with, but during my pregnancies and after I have not had many. I really don't want to get to a point where I am used to them again. So, I felt one coming on Saturday. I got my medicine in me in time and felt great the rest of the day. Saturday night we went to a movie. Since it was MY birthday I picked the movie and I wanted to see Fireproof again. Scott really did like it, he said it was a lot better than he thought it to be. After the movie we went to a Halloween party. Sarah and I dressed as matching witches, except she wore a mini skirt and heals and I wore jeans and went barefoot. Scott was supposed to be a hoodlum that was attacked by his baby-mama but we forgot the costume at home. Scott put it on, minus the bloody t-shirt, so I could get a picture of him with the knife and his cool tatts. I would have been so much better with it all put together. Maybe next year. We were home before midnight and asleep shortly after. After all, I knew that Grisham didn't care about the time change so he would be up at five ready to go for the day. Sarah left on Sunday morning and the rest of the day was spent hanging out at home with the family. It really was a great way to kick of the last year of the decade.

1 comment:

Carol (MOM) said...

Too bad you didn't get Scott in the whole costume, what you did get was too funny. Ever since I told Jerry about the momma-baby or is it baby-momma thing he has been referring to me as his babies momma... You know how goofy he can be about some things. I just laugh when I think about it. Cute picture of you and Sarah. I'm so glad you had a good weekend, but OH so sorry you are having MIGRANE trouble again. Be sure you keep the medicine refilled and handy so you can ward off these killer headaches. Love you kids...