Monday, August 18, 2008

Reunion
















My sister just sent me the pictures of our family reunion in South Dakota. They were taken last month. My grandparents belong to this camp called Hart Ranch. It is a lot of fun. You can either rent cabins or park your RV. We always do the cabin thing. The reunion was planned months before hand but then my grandpa became very sick and had to stay in the hospital. Most of the planned events were changed due to that. We did get together with the extended family for lunch and of course my uncles and cousin Matt( crazy hair guy that can play anything with strings) got out their strings to play some music. I wish some of this talent rubbed of on me. Maybe Grisham will pick it up. He really enjoyed the music. We just sat around talking to my cousin Katie (beautiful model lady) and enjoyed the tunes. I think my favorite picture is of my grandma and all her boys. My dad, twin brother Al, middle brother Ken and baby brother Rick. I just wish grandpa was with us. We went up to Sturgis later that day to visit grandpa at the hospital. He looked really good. He got to meet Genevieve for the first time. We had birthday cake for grandma, it was here 81 birthday. Then the uncles and Matt got out the strings again to play music for grandpa. It really makes me sad that this was the last time that I would see him alive. Grandpa sadly died last Thursday. Here is the ironic thing. I was born November 1, which is my grandparents wedding anniversary. Grandpa died on August 14 which is my wedding anniversary. The funeral is today at eleven, mountain time. My mom is sending me the video that was put together of pictures of my grandparents throughout the years. I have so many wonderful memories of my grandpa. When I was a kid I always thought that he was secretly Santa because he had a belly just like him. My grandparents have always lived in this tiny one bedroom( raising four boys mind you) house on top of a hill looking out over Rapid City. The view is wonderful. Grandpa loved to sing. He would record himself singing and give it to all his kids and grand kids. I did love to here him sing. I tried to find one of his tapes so I could put a sample on for all to hear but of course I can not find one. I am really going to miss my grandpa.

1 comment:

Ashli said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, please let me know if there is anything I can do and I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!