Sunday, August 10, 2008

Happy Anniversary!



Happy Happy Anniversary to my parents. Today is their 35th wedding anniversary. Wow!! I have been trying to come up with something witty to say in celebration but all I can think of is of how grateful I am that my parents are still together. You never really appreciate things until you yourself have walked along the same path. I never really appreciated the fact that my parents were together until I was married and realized what hard work it is. Marriage isn't all sweet smelling roses and then you throw kids in the mix and it is a whole new ball game. I remember when I was a kid how much my parents sacrificed for us kids. I am so thankful for the love and support they have given us our entire lives. I am also thankful for the role models that they are. When times got tough (and I know they did) they stuck with it. After all, kids grow up and move on and you are left with each other. You both were the foundation of our family and that has taught me to be the same for mine. You are more than just Mom and Dad or Husband and Wife, you are best friends. You enjoy each others company and after all these years you still are completely in love. Thanks Mom and Dad. Happy Anniversary. I love you both so much.

1 comment:

Carol (MOM) said...

Thank you sweet heart, we are humbled and honored by your tribute. Love, Carol (mom)