Sunday, January 31, 2010

She Is Here!!!!


































Friday morning I had my last OB appointment. The induction was scheduled for Tuesday the 2nd. All was going well and I decided to mention that I noticed that Carolyn wasn't moving as well as she has been. I just attributed it to lack of room but my Dr. decided to do a non stress test and see what she was doing. I sat hooked up to a monitor and had to push a button every time she moved. Dr. Roncone did not like the results so she decided to have me deliver that day. Wow!! I couldn't believe I was going to meet Carolyn in a few hours. I paged Scott. He was in the middle of a kidney transplant when i called to tell him I was heading to the hospital. He just had to finish with that case, dictate it and then he would meet me at the hospital. Mom was at home with the kids. So I got my stuff, it has been sitting on the kitchen table for over a week and drove to the hospital. I was so nervous yet excited. I have never had a difficult time with labor before but you just never know what could happen. I went to Labor and Delivery, checked in and got to my room. Scott arrived about an hr later. They started the Pitocin, broke my water, gave me an epidural:) and badda boom badda bing she is here!! Four hours of labor went by so fast. I am so thankful for my doctor. She made this pregnancy very enjoyable despite some of the ups and downs. Carolyn was meant to be a January baby. Friday night was a bit rough for us. Not much sleep. Mostly because of the uncomfortable bed. Saturday was a long day of waiting to be discharged. We finally got home a little after nine that night. It was so nice to be home with my family. I look forward to the next few days, getting to know my little one and being around Grisham and Genevieve.

2 comments:

the4bulls said...

Congrats! Can't wait to meet her :-)

Anonymous said...

ongratulations! She's beautiful!