Saturday, July 4, 2009

My Mom




























My mom came out for a visit for two whole weeks. Dad came out for the first weekend and then had to go back home. Mom stayed on to help me out and spend time with the kids. I can't tell you how much you helped me out those two weeks. She did all the dishes, cleaned the house, laundry, grocery shopped, bathed the kids, let me take naps, babysat so Scott and I could see a movie and so much more. Mom also helped me get Genevieve completely transferred to a sippy cup, we misplaced Grisham's paci so he no longer asks for it (yes he did use one just while he slept but no more) and she got Grisham to go poopy on the potty. Yes, she is amazing! While she was here we did manage to do a few fun things. We went to the zoo, fountain park, rainbow play area and the Franklin Park Conservatory. We had such a wonderful time having my mom around. I know that you don't think you did much mom, but you did. You really helped me over this hump of feeling miserable. I am still tried and sick but not as much. Thanks again mom! I love you.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Way to go Carol!

Carol (MOM) said...

Dearest Laura,

You always make me sound so good, I'm not and wish I could be so much more. I love every minute I get to spend with you and your family. I love getting to meet your friends and their children. I am so glad that you have such nice friends and times to get together. I remember those years of raising you kids and craving time spent with other adults. Even a repair man looks good for conversation. Hope you are eating and getting some rest. Let the dust bunnies go, for taking care of yourself and your family is of the utmost importance. Love you all.