Friday, October 24, 2008

Hangover

No, not that kind of hangover but a migraine hangover. Last night I had one of the worst migraines in the history of Laura migraines. I went out with the ladies to see the movie Fireproof. Side note--- Everyone MUST see this movie. It had such and awesome message and testimony. I think it is my new favorite movie. Anyway, I felt the migraine coming on during the movie. I don't think all the crying I did helped one bit. On the way home it exploded into a monster. As soon as I got home I went straight to the bathroom. For some reason the bathroom is the only place of comfort during a migraine. I think I can protect all my senses there. It can be pitch black, no awful smells, sound to a minimum, a toilet for puking and the cold hard floor is comfortable. Scott wanted me to go to the ER but I refused. I hate going there for migraines. One, I can't control the senses thing. Two, the waiting to get in and out is murder. Three, that's all the ER doctors need is someone else coming in for pain medicine. I did my best to keep my migraine medicine in me and just waited it out on the bathroom floor. I got up this morning pain free but feeling the hangover. I don't feel 100%, tired and shaky. More sleep should be the cure but that can't happen until tonight.

1 comment:

the4bulls said...

Sorry to hear it really exploded after we left! The bathroom floor is my safe zone also...A pillow, blanket and cold tile floor!