Friday, February 15, 2008

Poor Little Mister

Poor little mister Grisham is sick. He has had a runny nose for a few days now but yesterday he spiked a fever of 103.2. First of all he decided to get up at 4:00 in the morning then again at 5:30. He was extra whinny and crabby all morning long. Around 11:00 in the morning he just would not let me be. He wanted to cuddle with mommy. Just my luck little Even also needed a bottle and a diaper change. So I got Grisham settled in the recliner and tended to Evan. By the time I put Evan to fed Grisham was slouched over in the chair asleep. When he woke from his early nap his temp was 101.7. So I gave him Tylenol. A few hours later he was back to being his crabby self. I checked his temp again and yikes it spiked to 103.2. Time for Motrin. I have been worried about another ear infection. Thankfully I was able to get a script for antibiotics. Well while I was out getting the medicine, Scott was at home doing some research. When I got home He said we need to talk. This always freaks me out. Jennie Knapp (Evan's mommy) called and she was worried that Grisham might have Parvo B19 Syndrome. Sounds scary to me don't you think. Well its turns out that its not so scary for Grisham but more so for me and the baby. The tell tail sign of Parvo is the bright red checks and Grishams cheeks look like they were on fire. Scott called my OB and she wanted me to come in to the office first thing this morning to get a blood draw. If I have been exposed to it, Parvo can cause sudden death to the unborn baby. The blood draw can detect the Parvo virus. If the results come back positive I will receive weekly ultrasounds. Scott didn't go into to much if the test was positive. He said my risk was extreamly low. Its more dangerous if the baby is 20 weeks or less. I am now 30 weeks so he is not to worried but cautious. So I went to the doctor this morning and had the blood draw. The results should be back later today. I will post the results as soon as I hear from the doctor. Please keep my baby in your prayers.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Oh my goodness. How scary. I'll be calling you.