Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Tea






Tuesday night I went to a Christmas Tea. It was at Beth Meyers house and hosted by Heidi Kovak. Both women are attending's wives. The house or townhouse was a little hard to find. The address is so new that map quest did not have it. I was a little late due to traffic stopped on 315 so I had to back track around to 270. I hate being late and walking in with everyone staring at you. I really was unsure about going. I know I need to get out and socialize with other people but when you stay home all day and spend all your time with kids you start to think that you will have nothing in common or nothing interesting to say but " yep, I changed 20 diapers today and my highlight was nap time." The home was absolutely gorgeous and decorated beautifully for Christmas and the dessert spread was unbelievable. I wanted to eat everything but I get so nervous in situations like this that I could hardly eat one brownie. I was so relieved to have Mary and a few other wives there that I know from the spouse group at the hospital. After socializing for a while we all sat down to listen to a hilarious song sung by a women with an amazing voice. The song was really funny describing Christmas and at the end all she wanted for Christmas was a stretcher. After the song we played a few ice breaker games and the winners received Christmasy cups and saucers. It was really nice to sit down with women who know exactly what you and your husband are going through with residency. The attendings have been there and the residents are there and the medical students will be there soon. After the song a nice lady I think her name was Sue or maybe that was the lady who sang, anyway she started to talk about the perfect gift for Christmas. We all get caught up in the gift buying and giving and sometimes forget the real gift in Jesus. No other gift in the world can compare to the gift our heavenly Father has given to us. To wrap up the evening we sat around and talked more and before I knew it was after ten and Scott had tried calling me three times and was worried sick. Maybe I should pay more attention to the time if I go out again. I had more fun than I expected.

1 comment:

Carol (MOM) said...

I am so happy for you that you got to get out for the tea...and that you had a nice time, I know how you feel about being late and having all eyes on you..very uncomfortable. One reason I always want to be on time. I'm home for awhile so you can call any time..