Friday, December 5, 2008

Art Project













To help fill the day, I decided to try an art project with the older kids. All I needed was some paint, soap and butcher paper. When I was cutting the paper and mixing the paint and soap the kids were getting so excited, some may have called it impatient. As soon as I put the paint on the floor with the paper they went crazy. Grisham knew exactly what to do but Sophia was a little hesitant. She sat back and watched Grisham for a few minutes and then slowly dipped one finger into to paint. Pretty soon she was getting very creative. I think she may have put more paint on her t-shirt than the paper. Clean up was a breeze. Since I added soap to the paint the kids and floor cleaned right up with warm water.

3 comments:

Three Peas said...

you are a brave woman!

Jessica said...

Hannah has been begging to paint on the walls ever since seeing it on the Curious George movie. I've been meaning to give it a try, with butcher paper on the walls of course. What kind of paint did you use? How did you mix the soap in?

Mary said...

That looks so fun! We're going to have to try it!