Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July!!

















Happy 4th everyone!! I hope you all are enjoying your day of celebration. Here in Columbus we are enjoying yet another day of rain. The rain certainly has put a damper on our plans for today. We did go to the parade. I was so surprised how well Grisham tolerated the rain. He was so mesmerized by the parade that he didn't notice the rain. We met up with Mary, her kids, Julie, Josh Vicena and their kids. I couldn't believe how many people showed up. I don't think the rain had and effect on the numbers. It was a great parade. They had everything. Clowns, bands, candy, cheerleaders, dancers, floats, dogs, my favorite,the bagpipes and so much more. I tried to get good pictures but we were a little late and had to stand behind some people. Grisham and Greg were small enough to get in the cracks up close to the road. Greg filled his bag with candy and Grisham filled his pockets. It was so hard to get a picture of their faces because they were so into the parade. Grisham actually threw a fit when it was over. I had to drag him to the stroller. Genevieve slept the whole time. After the parade we went to McDonald's for lunch and of course the kids had a great time there. Next year we will have to go and hour early so we can get a good spot for chairs or a blanket. Scott had to work so maybe we will take him next year:)

1 comment:

Mary said...

I love the picture of Grisham from the side! It turned out fantastic! Thanks for letting us tag along! I'm so glad we did.