Saturday, June 28, 2008

Papa Carol and grandbabies










I have been meaning to post some pictures of my moms visit here a week ago. The two weeks that she spent here went way way to fast. I am amazed at how much was accomplished in that time. Not only did she take the night shift with Genevieve but she built our beautiful steps, built Scott some shelves in the garage, cleaned the garage, fixed our toilet, painted my half bath, did my laundry, baby sat so we could go out on dates, helped the kids with a fantastic father's day present and helped me out with the babies while I had a few doctors appointments. I hope I didn't forget anything. Oh, and one more thing. She always cleaned the kitchen after dinner. I hate doing dishes. Not only was she a great help but I love having her around. We talk about everything. It is so funny. Whenever she comes to visit I always tend to fall back into the mommy daughter role. It is hard to explain. I guess no matter how old you get you always feel the same. I feel the same as I did when I was ten or fifteen or even twenty. I don't know if that makes sense but she will always be my mom and I will always be her little girl. Now that I have a daughter I hope to have the same kind of relationship. I also hope to pass to Genevieve the love of being a wife and a mom, just as my mom passed to me. I love my mom so much. Thanks for being a great role model.

1 comment:

TheFoxes said...

Can your Mom come visit us too? I have some projects around the house......hehehehehe