Thursday, June 26, 2008

Boom Boom Boom

Last night was a very scary night here in Columbus. We had a tornado warning. At 11:45 I woke to the sound of the sirens. I always wondered whether we would be able to hear the sirens at night. Well I sure can. Anyway, I woke Scott and we looked out our bedroom window, which faces south. Nothing. Then we went into Genevieve's room which faces north. I kid you not. This was the most scary ominous lightening I have ever seen. I swear I saw a funnel cloud. We turned the tv on and the storm was just north of us in Hilliard. I think the one thing that frightened me the most was the stillness of everything. The storm quickly moved east leaving a ton of rain and lots of wind. I couldn't go back to sleep after it past. The thunder and lightening kept me awake most of the night. I kept thinking to myself "Can we get the kids and dogs into the basement if a tornado really did hit us?" So no sleep for me. Believe it or not both kids slept through the whole storm. Lucky me, we are to have repeat storms tonight.

2 comments:

Mary said...

It was a really bad storm! Leah couldn't sleep through it so I didn't sleep through it either.

the4bulls said...

I am deathly afraid of thunder and lightning - so I am glad my kids slept through...because I did not want them to see me so scared!