Thursday, March 27, 2008

Sampson




About two weeks ago, I had the pleasure of babysitting a fantastic dog named Sampson. He is a five year old yellow English Lab. He weighs maybe 100lbs or so. I think he may even be a bigger "baby"than Carly. Sampson's mom, Judy, went on a trip to Germany and planned for him to stay at a Pet Palace. I babysit for Judy's grandson Evan and knew that I love dogs, especially labs. So she dropped him off one day as trial run and all three dogs got along so well. The ten days that Sampson was here were so much fun. It never really seemed like we had three big dogs. I think he even dubbed Janey his girlfriend. Sampson followed her around the house and was always trying to get her to play. He became the watch dog for the family. He usually sleeps with his mom in her bed but we tried that one night and I didn't sleep so well with one covers hog (Scott) and another bed hog (Sampson). So he ended up sleeping in the hall way in between our bed room and Grishams. When my mom was here I think she had the pleasure of Sampson the bed hog. See the thing I learned was once he was asleep, there is NO moving him. He was an absolute joy to have around and we look forward to the chance to babysit him again.

No comments: