Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter








Happy Easter everyone!! I think Easter is my favorite holiday, at least when it comes down to the real meaning. I also struggle the most with this holiday. Like Christmas it has a whole bunch of secular traditions attached. I love those traditions just as much as the next guy but I don't want to forget the true meaning for celebration, Jesus Christ. Since having kids I have been tempted to rid the holidays of the secular traditions and have the kids and I focus on the true meanings but after a lot of thought I figured I could balance them just like my parents did. So we did the Easter baskets and candy from the Easter bunny. The Easter bunny came to our house yesterday during nap time. Both Grisham and Genevieve were eggcited about their baskets. Not too much candy, a couple books and a new toy. Not fancy but again I want them to remember the real meaning. Scott is on call today so our celebration dinner will be at the hospital. Oh, the life of a surgeon. I hope everyone has a great day and remembers the true reason for this special day. HE IS RISEN!!
(I also added some pictures of Genevieve holding Carolyn and Grisham found some worms and had to share them with me)

No comments: