Friday, November 20, 2009

New Moon

Last night I did something that I have never done before in my life. I went to a midnight showing of a movie!!! New Moon opened up last night and some of the other wives and I went. About a dozen of them all met for coffee and then went to the theatre to save seats around nine. I went around 10:30. I attempted a nap when Genevieve went to bed. Scott helped me out by putting Grisham into bed a little later. I think I did sleep a bit but baby Carolyn was doing her gymnastics routine so it made it difficult to relax and fall asleep. Scott came to bed around 9 and I couldn't go back to sleep. Audey (Brenner's mom) picked my up shortly after 10. When we got to the theater the parking lot was packed and so was the lobby. Every theater was New Moon and sold out. Glad to see that I am not the only crazy in this town. We found out friends and settled in for the long wait. Finally the movie started and I was beginning to think that I wasn't going to make it. The movie was ok. It had its weak moments. The whole experience was worth missing the sleep. I had fun with my friends but don't plan on doing a midnight showing again. I am too old!!

No comments: