Monday, November 30, 2009

Grandparents and Christmas Decorating


















My parents came over from Iowa for Thanksgiving. As usual the trip was too short. The kids love having Grandma and Papa here. While they were here we got so much accomplished. No sooner had my parents walked through the door that the kitchen sink started to flood. Good thing my mom is a plumber. The sink has been causing us headaches for months and mom figured out the problem in no time and was able to get to the hardware store and fixed it. Thanksgiving day was so nice. Not only did we have my parents but some friends too. I love holidays that are filled with friends and family. Friday Scott and I were able to get out for a date. We went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner and then to see The Blind Side. Great movie!! Saturday was filled with shopping. Scott and my dad went to the store to buy Grisham a twin size bed so Genevieve could move into the toddler bed. Grisham loves his Big Boy bed but I haven't put Genevieve in the toddler bed. I don't think I am ready for that. However, I will have her moved over by the time Carolyn arrives. Later, when the kids were asleep Mom and I went shopping for clothes for the kids. I pulled out all of my newborn girl stuff to see if I needed anything for Carolyn. Nope..not a thing. She is set. Genevieve needed so much and so did Grisham. They are growing so fast, it is hard to keep up. We went to Once Upon A Child and found the stroller that I have been wanting and few more items. Then it was off to Target and Wal Mart for clothes. It was fun hanging out with Mom. I didn't want the day to end but the sun was setting and I was feeling it in my body. The kids "helped" us organize the clothes when we got home. Sunday Mom and Dad left and Grisham and Genevieve were so sad. I can't wait to have them back when Carolyn is born. Sunday evening I got all our Christmas decorations out. This was the first year I let the kids help with the decorating. It went better than I expected. Now I just am having a hard time keeping them out of the tree. After decorating they were both tired and needed cuddle time with Daddy. I love the little moments in time. Makes it all worth it for times like these.

No comments: