Sunday, August 16, 2009

Fun Day
















Saturday was full of wonderful family time. Scott and I took the kids to a farmer's market in Bexley. We originally were looking for one in Pickerington but the directions were all crummy and we ended up running into one along the way. We stopped and picked up some corn, green peppers and tomatoes. After the farmer's market we went to lunch at McDonald's then we went to The Big Splash in Grove City. We had never been there before and I was very happy with the layout of the pool. It is so kid friendly. Grisham loved the fountains and the water play areas. They did have a sand area but I didn't want Grisham playing in that. Genevieve really liked the water too. She is going to be a little fish. I had to keep a very close eye on her because she liked to walk to the deeper part of the shallow end. Scott like the slides and swimming in the deep end. We borrowed a life vest so Grisham could float with Scott in the deep end. He thought that was pretty neat. By the time we left both kids were exhausted. Genevieve was falling asleep as I was dressing her! Both kids took great naps. Later Saturday we had some friends over for dinner. It is always so nice to have friends close by and who are willing to hang out on a short notice. It was a fun filled day and I am so happy to have been able to spend it with my family.

3 comments:

Carol (MOM) said...

It looks like you had a great day. I wish we had the time and the warm weather when you were here so we could have spent time at a pool. Oh well, such is life. Maybe next year we will have a warmer summer and more time to spend by the water. It looks like you all had fun. Sure would like to see some pics with you in them...Dr. is right you should keep a candy bar in your purse for a little sugar pick me up. Remember to eat, eat , eat..you will burn up any extra calories chasing the kids after #3 is on the scene. Trust me..Love Mom

Mary said...

I have had the farmer's market on my schedule all summer and didn't make it to one of them!

I love Big Splash!

Ashli said...

If you like farmer's markets, the one in Old Worthington is really good. It's every saturday from 8-12noon.