Thursday, January 27, 2011

Leah is 4!














Can you believe it!! Leah Elliott is 4!! I hardly can....I remember when she was born. Holding her in that enormous blanket. The blanket seemed heavier than she was. She has been so endearing and sweet since the day she was born. She also has been a fighter!! After learning her diagnosis of Down Syndrome there was so much up in the air. She could have problems with her heart, her eye sight, hearing, physical disabilities and mental disabilities. She has never stop to amaze me with her abilities! I don't see a child with disabilities here. I see a child that has every possibility before her and she is going to do it. She is the light on a rainy day. Her smile can warm your heart, she has a purpose in this world. I can't tell you how much Leah and her family mean to me. They are amazing examples of how to persevere even when the world is against you. I love you Elliotts!! Anyway back to her party!! It was held at the World of Bounce..Awesome!! We played in the bounce houses for about an hr and then headed to the party room for pizza and cupcakes and candy. Mary! You did a fantastic job on the decorations. I don't know how you do it!! The kids jumped right into the food. After everyone was thoroughly stuffed we sang Happy Birthday to Leah. Presents were opened next. Leah is so sweet...she really lets you know if she likes or dislikes something. I love the honesty! All three of my kids were exhausted by the end and were in much need of a nap. We said our goodbyes and headed home for some shut eye.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Oh Laura, you are so sweet! Thank you for your kind words. Of course, we feel the exact same way :) I'm so glad you could make it to the party. The kids had a wonderful time!

Mary said...

Honestly, I can't believe Leah is 4 either! It's hard to remember how little she was, weighing less than 4 pounds. It only took 4 years but she now weighs 27 pounds! You've been with us since the beginning baby!