Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Birthday Boy
















Hard for me to believe that four years ago today Grisham Scott Alexander Hinze was born. In some ways it feels like a million years ago but then again it has gone by in a blink of an eye. There is so much I can say about my precious son. The love that I have for him is truly amazing. There is no love like a mothers love for her child. I never knew that until he was born. It has been such a God given honor to watch him grow from a baby to a little boy. Makes me cry thinking about him turning into a man. Slow down, Laura!! He is just 4:) Today is a special day for us but I still had to babysit and Scott was post call so most things were the same as always. No big party this year. I told him happy birthday as much as I could. He picked the menu for today. Scrambled eggs and blueberry muffins for breakfast, Mac and cheese for lunch and pizza for dinner. Grisham has never been a fan of cake so I baked cupcakes just to get a picture of him blowing out his candles. Scott was post call today so after his nap he and Grisham sat down to open gifts. On his way home from the hospital this morning Scott stopped and got some balloons for Grisham. Grisham was so surprised when Daddy walked in with a transformer balloon. Thanks Daddy! Scott had a dinner to go to tonight so it was just the kids and I for cake and then we went for a walk. We walked over to a pond to feed the ducks. Grisham likes to do this very much plus it got us out of the house. Mommy needed a break from the house. We also looked for signs of spring. Flowers are starting to pop up and buds are forming. It was a good birthday. Not too fancy. He won't remember it but I will.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Happy birthday Grisham!

Three Peas said...

what a sweet boy -happy birthday! can't believe it's been 4 years either - i know what you mean; seems like forever but also so quick.