Monday, February 15, 2010

Be My Valentine



Before having kids Valentines Day was all about the romance. Don't get me wrong, I still love romance but after having kids the romance takes extra effort. This Valentines Day I decided that it would be just another day. I pretty much lost track of time. Had a baby, first of February arrives and before I know V-Day is here and I find myself totally unprepared. Scott has never made a big deal out of V-Day. We hug and kiss and say I love you everyday so I didn't think much about Sunday. Well, Scott decided to surprise me with flowers and chocolates. Then he fixed dinner and cleaned up the kitchen. Later, Scott surprised me again by giving the kids a bath. Sunday was his last day of vacation so I totally expected him to enjoy one more day of relaxation. After Grisham and Genevieve were in bed he stayed up with me until Carolyn was asleep. It was a perfect Valentines Day for me. I felt so much love by Scott's actions. I wouldn't trade it for 100 romantic dinners.

1 comment:

Carol (MOM) said...

Way to go Scott. Thank you for loving our girl and taking such good care of her.