Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Fun With Friends
























This last weekend was spent with our friends. Sunday we went to McDonald's to celebrate Hannah Clearfield's third birthday. We were the first to arrive so as I got Genevieve settled in a high chair for a snack I started to talk to Dan's mom. I discovered that she and her husband had flown in from California just about an hour before the party and then they were leaving the following day. What a birthday present!! Hannah was super excited about her Curious George themed party. She is a cross between a princess and a monkey. She's a monkey princess!! The play area is great at the particular McDonald's and they let them set up the party in the play area. After all the friends arrived the kids played, then ate their happy meals and then played some more. I must say the cake was extra yummy. Not sure if it is because of the state that I find myself in at the moment or if the cake really was that good. I had at least three pieces!! Hannah opened her presents and was delightfully surprised to have received many new books about Curious George! The party was a success. Hannah had a great time and I think mom and dad did too:)

Monday night Grisham and I went to Greg's soccer game. He has been playing in a four and five year old league. I was so happy to have finally made it to a game. The weather was perfect for the game. The weather report was chances of showers but the rain held off and we were able to enjoy ummmm... how should I put it, messy soccer? Since the kids are so young there really isn't a whole lot of structure. They all run down the field chasing the ball, sometimes in the wrong direction. Greg played goalie for the first part of the game. He stopped a few balls and seemed very proud of himself. The game was about an hour long with many breaks for water. After the game, Grisham and Greg kicked the ball around together. I was fun seeing Grisham run and dribble the ball with his feet. I may have to look into a three yr old soccer league. We will see. It was so nice to see Mary and catch up a bit with her. Her schedule has been soo busy this school year so we don't get to see much of each other. I am hoping maybe when school gets out I will see more of her.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I'm so glad you were able to come to the game! You took some great pictures!