Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Easton and Strawberries


















I am so behind on my posts. Last Friday, at least I think it was Friday, my friend Lisa and I took the kids out to Easton shopping center to play in the fountains. It was a beautiful sunny day. The sun was really warm but the air was a bit chilly. I really didn't think Grisham would play in the water. I was right. The water was absolutely freezing. Sam found a beach ball to toss around. The kids stayed pretty busy chasing the ball in and out of the fountains. Sam was the only one who would go near the water. After playing for a while we went to lunch. Lisa kindly paid for our lunch. It was a very nice morning out of the house.

Today, Wednesday, we went to a farm to pick strawberries. When I arrived at the farm it was packed. The fields were full of pickers and I was so scared that we wouldn't have any to pick. Just before everyone else arrived, they put up the closed for picking sign. I went into the barn where you purchase the baskets for picking and they said that they were closed except for the playgoups that called ahead. Thankfully Erin did just that this morning. Good thinking Erin!! After we all got our baskets we headed out to the fields. The berries were pretty small and picked over. It was a little more labor intensive then I thought. I wore the wrong shoes, my flip flops. I ended up twisting my ankle stepping over a row of strawberries. Grisham had fun looking for the red berries and then eating them before they made it to the basket. Same with Genevieve. She crawled down the isles and pulled all the good ones off and ate them before I could get to her. She really enjoys strawberries. Soon we all had full baskets and headed back to the barn for our strawberry slushees. Good thing too, it started to rain! I am so glad we were able to do this today. It was a good experience and maybe next year we should go when the farm opens in the morning.


1 comment:

Mary said...

The strawberry picking looks like a lot of fun! We manage to miss it every year. I think we should be able to make it to playgroups starting next week!