Friday, May 15, 2009

Morning At The Park.















The kids and I went to the park this morning. We met up with our friends Julie and her kids Seth, Lilah and Isaac. It was an absolutely gorgeous day. The park was empty, which surprised me. Sophia and Grisham played on the play equipment while Genevieve and Brenner hung out in the swings. Sophia did have to spend some time in timeout for leaving the play area, repeativly. She can be sooo stubborn! Grisham had to pee outside for the first time. That was interesting. Anyway, after some play time I got out the bubbles for the kids. I think it is so funny how kids love bubbles. I wonder at what point do they lose interest in them? Hopefully no time soon!! It is great entertainment. I really do enjoy these little play dates. The kids have fun and I get to have some nice conversations with the moms. Although sometimes the conversations trickle into unknown territory for me. I mean I know that I am not a brainyach (not sure about the spelling here). Many of the moms that I meet up with are very intelligent women with strong opinions (we are talking lawyers and master degrees people). They all married doctors so they have to be intellectually equal. I know you are all thinking yah yah you married a doctor too. My argument there is, Yes, I know but all I have ever wanted to be is a wife and a mom nothing more and Scott knew that. I am just dull and boring and I am happy to be that way:) I think I should stick to topics that I know well like my kids and only my kids. I need to remember who's company I am keeping or find myself treading in unknown water. I can pretend with the best of them that's for sure. Any who, back to the kids. They had a great time at the park and Grisham has been doing this really cute thing. He loves to give everyone hugs and say "I love you" to all his friends. The other day when Sophia left, he ran over to the window and yelled " I love you Sophia!" He continued to yell it until Sophia was down the street. So cute!!
Over the past month Genevieve has been sick with all sorts of yucky things. She is finally better and her appetite is better too. The other night I made baked ziti and she ate more than Grisham and I combined! It is so good to see her eating again. She needs to put some meat on those bones.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laura, you are so silly. Conversation with you is always a delight and never intellectually dull. Lord knows I have little to say outside of talking about my kids too! lol =) Thanks for inviting us to the park. We had a great time!