Monday, April 14, 2008

It's on, BABY!!!

I had my final doctors appointment this morning. I am dilated to three and 70% effaced. I am scheduled for the induction this Saturday. I am so excited yet nervous too. I just hope and pray that I make it to Saturday. This baby may not be willing to go with the plan. My parents will be here very early Saturday to care for Grisham while Scott and I are at the hospital. I plan to take it easy this week. I have a some cleaning to do but I can do a little bit each day. Sophia is at home with her grandmother and I won't have her back until June. I still have Evan this week but just until Wednesday. His grandparents from Michigan will be here to care for him. You know I was just thinking to myself this morning that this is the last week that I will be a mom of one. It really hit me when Grisham and I were going through our morning routine. He usually gets up around six and then we cuddle in the recliner for an hour. I really enjoy this time that I have with him and starting next week it may be entirely different. We may have to come up with a new routine. It makes me a little sad but I am so excited to have a newborn again.

3 comments:

Carol (MOM) said...

Dearest,
I am happy you are taking the time to think about the changes that your family will be making. Maybe Genevieve will be like you were, patient to wait for her turn with mommy. I am sure Grisham will have his moments of the green eyed monster. I am also sure you will handle the situation with calm, reassurance and love. We are so looking forward to being there to help in any way we can. See you soon, please try to not overdo. Love, Mom

the4bulls said...

Although your time won't double, the amount of love you have (and how big your heart is) will. It is such a hard decision to have more than one baby because they are your life, but it only gets better. The bond you will witness between brother and sister will make all your worries go away!!! Except for when he teaches her to jump off the couch...

Ashli said...

Nathan had a hard time adjusting at first, but now he and Carter are best buddies! Like any brothers they still fight, but most of the time they play together and don't know what to do when one is absent from the picture. It's the most amazing and rewarding experience to see the bond formed between two siblings and one that I treasure. I still find time to spend with them one on one, and after some adjustment, you will too! Everything works out just fine!