Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Update on Mom

Hey Blogger friends! Just wanted to give you an update on my mom. She fell first of the month and broke her arm. When she fell she also injured her knee. The week after her surgery on her arm she went to see the Dr. about her knee. An MRI was done and discovered the she had broken her tibia in two places. Vertical breaks!! So her right side in now pretty much useless. Her arm is now in a cast and her leg is in a full leg brace. I tease my mom by calling her Crash:) Don't know if she just has really bad luck or if she just does things that she shouldn't be doing. I am thinking it is the latter. She is doing fine, not too much pain. That is if she takes it easy and doesn't try to do too much around the house. I wish I was closer so I could clean for her, fold her laundry, do dishes (yes Mom I would do your dishes) walk the dogs and just about whatever she needed done. I am just so glad that Daddy is there for her.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Holy cow! Hope she is feeling better soon!

Carol (MOM) said...

i am doing much better. your dad is a saint. he is doing everything, dogs, dishes, laundry, cleaning, fetching and carrying for me, helping me in and out of the tub, taking me to dr. apts, helping me put on clothes, helping me put on my leg brace, fixing all meals. i started thinking yesterday that he is a bit overwhelmed with it all, so i called a girl i know that cleans houses to ask if she could come and do some things for me. i'd so much rather pay someone to do it than call on kids or friends. she got me to thinking, because she didn't have any time available. i needed to call on family. i sent lisa a text and said i needed her...she'll be here this afternoon:)